Friday, August 15, 2008

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Yesterday was a long traveling day - we spent 3+ hours on a plane, an hour in a taxi, and two hours on a train. But we're in Hong Kong now - and really liking it here. We got in about 11 last night, then headed to a little Irish Pub for dinner.

This morning, we took the world's steepest funicular up to the peak for a great view. They have a galleria up there, and lots of shopping and restaurants.

We don't have wireless in our room, so I don't know if we'll be posting anymore before we leave tomorrow. We are at a tea museum now and they actually have a couple of computers to check email. :)

Tomorrow around one, we'll be heading back toward the US.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hong Kong! Lucky! I hear it's very European there, and I was really intrigued to see them announced as their own "country" in the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Anyway - safe travels & we'll see you on Monday. Get lots of rest!

Anonymous said...

The steepest funicular, huh? Sounds exciting - also the shopping!!!! You would probably have liked a little more time in Hong Kong - maybe next time. I hope your trip home will be smooth sailing, or flying, I guess. Let us know when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Safe travels...things will be so boring to you back in Indy, Steph. See you when you are rested!

ehouse said...

praying for a safe trip home! i've enjoyed reading your blog so much and living vicariously through your travels (except for your cold, of course!)!!