(Think Barry Manilow. Or Christopher singing Barry Manilow...)
Yes, we have arrived! And it really does seem more like 1:30 pm than 1:30 am, so that's a good thing. Thought I'd share a few photos from our journey:
We arrived in Seoul about 4:30 am (3:30 pm Eastern). This was my unhappy face when we found that Caribou Coffee didn't open till 6. Luckily, the airport was basically deserted, so we just sacked out on some seats there and napped. Also, I think I paid 5,300-somethings for some coffee. I have no idea how much that is in dollars.
Much happier a couple hours later with the coffee and an asiago cheese bagel from Au Bon Pain. Yes, we really did leave the US...
This was one of the many Olympics-related things that greeted us at the airport in Beijing. There were volunteers everywhere, information centers set up, and tons of signage. Also, we rode the train to baggage with the cycling team from Great Britain and some canoers from Australia. It's fun to see people from everywhere, all in one place!
P.S. Yes, we have a room, and it is private with a bathroom. It has wireless and air conditioning. And not much else. More on that later. :)
7 comments:
Holly! Yay! Congratulations on your blog post and for making it to Beijing. I was just wondering today when you were leaving-guess this is my answer. Thanks for keeping us aprised of all the goings on. I hope you continue to have fun encounters with folks!
Thank goodness you arrived safely AND found American food...that is wonderful!! Hey...wondered if you felt the earthquake? Your postings and photos are so cute, Steph ~ they really capture the 'flavor' of your trip so far :)
Karen (a.k.a. Junie)
Yea for safe travels! I'm so glad you made it. Ironically, I too am having spicy octopus and a beef dish for breakfast this morning. You must have missed that morning ritual of mine when we were roomies...I try to keep it hush hush :)
Hope you guys have a great first day in Beijing! Bilbo says don't eat the "fragrant meat"!
Yeah!So relieved to find out you really do have a room (and a bathroom!). I am looking forward to hearing about all the fun! Josh Davis (former swimmer) was at our church Sunday and I think he is heading over there today to help with coaching the mens swimteam. He was so nice- he even sat and talked to Elias for a while and let him hold a gold medal. Take TONS of pics and post TONS of posts!
Praise God for your safe trip and arrival, you gals must have cast iron stomachs! Have a ball, looking forward to your posts.
that is the saddest sad face. Glad you finally got your drink. (and of course glad that y'all made it there safely.)
Who knew you had to fly all the way to Seoul to find a Caribou - sounds like their hours aren't much better than the student center's! :)
Sooo glad you made it safely and looking forward to your posts! Eat a dim sum lunch for me.
Post a Comment