Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Flights and Food


The flight from LA to Seoul wasn't bad at all. I spent the first couple of hours watching Prince Caspian (which Josh will be happy to know is darker than The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe), and at least six hours sleeping. Plus they served two meals. You could have western style or Korean and I went for Korean of course. The first meal was steamed sweet pumpkin (served cold), fresh fruit, some seafood-tasting broth soup and bi-bim-bab (see above). Bi-bim-bab is steamed rice, assorted vegetables and kimchi that you mix together with sesame oil and korean chili paste. I enjoyed it. For breakfast they offered spicy octopus with steamed rice, yogurt and fresh fruit. On our flight from Korea to Beijing which was only 1 1/2 hour they offered another meal. Some beef dish with rice, fresh fruit and orange juice. All the meals were served with tea or coffee and real silverware!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

swanky...were you in 1st class?

Michelle said...

Ewww...Octopus:-(