Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Coke and Ice Cream

I've traveled around Europe, to Turkey and the Mediterranean, and now to China, and have found there are two constants in our world... Coke and ice cream.

When we couldn't figure out how to order water at a restaurant the other day, all we had to say was "Coca Cola" and we were able to have a cold, familiar drink. Not only that, but one of the subway stations we were in was all decked out in Coke signage. I think it may be the most recognized brand worldwide.

And ice cream... it's on every corner, everywhere. Yesterday I had a drumstick. Yum. While I haven't seen any dreamcicles here, they do have Magnums. I think one of the ice cream bars may be pea-flavored, too. The wrapper has a bunch of peas on it, at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph - is the ice cream with the peas on it Wasabi flavored or edamamme flavored? You have to try it. If it is gross, I will pay you back in Starbucks or US dollars, whichever you prefer.