I'm not sure, really, but Alison/Josh/Julie/Kate, think Turkey hot. Think sweat-dripping hot. And humid. But most restaurants and some stores seems to be air conditioned.
What were those men doing?
They roll up their shirts to cool off. Seems like they might as well just take them off. The ladies have no such luxury. We just drink lots of water and eat ice cream.
Have we gotten the digits of any Olympic athletes?
No, unfortunately not. We did get interviewed by some kind of Chinese media. They wanted to know our favorite Chinese food, then they taught us to say it in Chinese and made us say it for the camera. I said "I like spicy chicken." At least I hope that's what I said... it may be on YouTube somewhere...
Did we feel the earthquake?
Nope, we did hear there was another aftershock, but I think it was pretty far from Beijing.
5 comments:
I am really enjoying the photos and newsy updates. Keep them coming. Any idera when you will be interviewed by Indy Channel 13? When it will air? My aunt is watching for you.
Sounds like a good time is being had, even though the heat is probably exhausting. Yeah for Coke and ice cream!!!!
Stay safe!
If you find out what the Wikipedia is, you HAVE to let us all know!
I have yet to this day - almost 10 years later - to experience the same kind of heat that we experienced in Turkey that summer! I love telling people how I'd sleep in the nude wrapped up in a sopping wet sheet and a fan blowing directly on me. I think I did learn how to cope with it better in the States when it gets above 90 or 100 and there is no AC in sight. And I can always think to myself, "At least it isn't 120!!" And feel a lot better about it.
I cannot WAIT to hear about the Great Wall!! That's been a place that I've always wanted to go....
Enjoy & stay safe!
Post a Comment