Wednesday, July 30, 2008

FAQ: Is it hard to get tickets to the Olympics?

I think the tickets question is a close second to the "how long will it take to get there" question. 

No, it is not difficult to get tickets. It just takes a lot of planning ahead, and a little luck. CoSport is the official ticket seller for the US. Way back in April of 2007, we chose the events we would like to see and submitted the info to CoSport. This was actually the second phase of requesting tickets. We missed phase one.

Several months later, CoSport emailed me to let me know what tickets we got. While we only got 40% of the tickets we requested, we were still happy to get them at all. (Things we didn't get: swimming, diving, and the illustrious Opening Ceremony.)

And no, the tickets weren't expensive either. Some were less than $10.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Wowsas! I am glad that some were so cheap. That leave more $ to buy souvenirs for your besties (my t-shirt size is small, i like hats and bags, and Chinese pastries are real nice). Only kidding...

I wonder who gets the highly sought-after tickets. Do you think there are politics at play? Surely not...

Perhaps with one Olympic games under your belt, you will have more pull when 2012 comes around.

Now I have another question for your blog: Will you get to hang out in Olympic Village at all?

chelseymay said...

fun fun, fun fun fun.

Josh DeVine said...

Hope you have an amazing time!!! Take lots of pictures! (Like I even NEEDED to say it!) And, most importantly, be careful... :)

Jordan said...

...and stay away from bad people, okay?!