Friday, July 25, 2008

FAQ: How long will it take to get there?

If I had a nickel for every time someone has asked how long it will take to get to China... I would probably have at least two dollars. Maybe even three.

My answer to each person who asks is something along the lines of "I don't want to think about it." But just for you, I AM going to think about it. This involves math, and we all know that's not my strong suit, but I'll give it a try.

Beijing is 12 hours ahead of Indianapolis (15 hours ahead of Seattle).

My flight leaves Indy at 5:10 pm on Sunday. We arrive in Beijing at 9:40 am on Tuesday. If I am calculating correctly and accounting for the time difference, that is 28.5 hours. Luckily, not quite all of it is in the air.

Indy to LA: 5 hours, 30 minutes (Seattle to LA: 2 hours 40 minutes)
LA to Seoul: 13 hours, 30 minutes
Seoul to Beijing: 2 hours, 5 minutes

That's 21 hours and 5 minutes of air time for me, and 18 hours and 15 minutes for Holly.

Now you understand why I didn't want to think about it.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

it'll fly by...after 3 meals, 2 books, 4 movies, and a good-night sleep!